With our new website, you will no longer need to register to vote!
By putting your email in the "Follow by Email" box located in the left-hand column, you will receive an email from North Carolina Children's Book Award anytime something new is posted to the site.
We will let you know when your students can start nominating books for the 2017-18 awards, when voting starts and how to enter your votes, and what the results are!
Please "Follow" us and tell anyone interested in the North Carolina Children's Book Award to "Follow" us too!
November 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017
- Children may nominate their favorite picture and junior books published in the years 2014-present.
- Nominations are accepted on nccba.blogspot.com or through teachers and librarians via an email to co-chair, Janet West (email@example.com).
March 1 - 31, 2017
- Children vote for their favorite picture book and/or junior book at their school and/or public library.
March 31, 2017
- Deadline for nominations for 2017-2018 consideration list.
- Deadline for librarians to submit votes for EACH title. Enter votes at nccba.blogspot.com or send to co-chair, Lisa England (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For the complete guidelines, go to the "About the NCCBA" page and open the NCCBA Guidelines document.
We are very pleased to announce the nominees for the 2016-2017 North Carolina Children's Book Awards. For activities and other resources, please go to the 2016-17 NCCBA Nominees and Activity Book page.
|PICTURE BOOKS: 78,307 total votes cast|
|My Teacher is a Monster (No, I am Not!)||18603|
|Ivan: The Remarkable True Story of a Shopping Mall Gorilla||14969|
|The Cart that Carried Martin||4224|
|Who Says Women Can't Be Doctors?: The Story of Elizabeth Blackwell||4103|
|Last Stop on Market Street||2332|
|Blue on Blue||2182|
|This Orq: He Cave Boy||1127|
|JUNIOR BOOKS: 8,797 total votes cast|
|The One and Only Ivan||2449 WINNER|
|Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library||1154|
|The Night Gardener||799|
|The Fourteenth Goldfish||764|
|Counting by 7s||509|
|Elvis and the Underdogs||333|
|Brown Girl Dreaming||322|
|Mister Max: The Book of Lost Things||231|