Kelly DiPucchio attended the North Carolina School Library Media Association conference two weeks ago to receive her award for the 2016 Picture Book Winner - Gaston! Here she is with members of the NCCBA committee (Kelly DiPucchio is seated in front) while Gaston accepts the NCCBA award plaque.
November 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017
- Children may nominate their favorite picture and junior books published in the years 2014-present.
- Nominations are accepted on nccba.blogspot.com or through teachers and librarians via an email to co-chair, Janet West (firstname.lastname@example.org).
March 1 - 31, 2017
- Children vote for their favorite picture book and/or junior book at their school and/or public library.
March 31, 2017
- Deadline for nominations for 2017-2018 consideration list.
- Deadline for librarians to submit votes for EACH title. Enter votes at nccba.blogspot.com or send to co-chair, Lisa England (email@example.com).
For the complete guidelines, go to the "About the NCCBA" page and open the NCCBA Guidelines document.
We are very pleased to announce the nominees for the 2016-2017 North Carolina Children's Book Awards. For activities and other resources, please go to the 2016-17 NCCBA Nominees and Activity Book page.
|PICTURE BOOKS: 78,307 total votes cast|
|My Teacher is a Monster (No, I am Not!)||18603|
|Ivan: The Remarkable True Story of a Shopping Mall Gorilla||14969|
|The Cart that Carried Martin||4224|
|Who Says Women Can't Be Doctors?: The Story of Elizabeth Blackwell||4103|
|Last Stop on Market Street||2332|
|Blue on Blue||2182|
|This Orq: He Cave Boy||1127|
|JUNIOR BOOKS: 8,797 total votes cast|
|The One and Only Ivan||2449 WINNER|
|Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library||1154|
|The Night Gardener||799|
|The Fourteenth Goldfish||764|
|Counting by 7s||509|
|Elvis and the Underdogs||333|
|Brown Girl Dreaming||322|
|Mister Max: The Book of Lost Things||231|