It's time to start nominating your favorite picture books and junior books for the 2017-2018 North Carolina Children's Book Awards. Nominations are generated by the children of North Carolina. Teachers and librarians may help children enter their nominations or do it for them, but no teacher or librarian should enter their own favorites. That's what makes this award so special - the books are nominated by kids and then voted on by kids to get to the two top books of the year! Click on the following link or go to the "Nominate" page on the bar above or in the panel to the left.
Kelly DiPucchio attended the North Carolina School Library Media Association conference two weeks ago to receive her award for the 2016 Picture Book Winner - Gaston! Here she is with members of the NCCBA committee (Kelly DiPucchio is seated in front) while Gaston accepts the NCCBA award plaque.
November 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017
- Children may nominate their favorite picture and junior books published in the years 2014-present.
- Nominations are accepted on nccba.blogspot.com or through teachers and librarians via an email to co-chair, Janet West (firstname.lastname@example.org).
March 1 - 31, 2017
- Children vote for their favorite picture book and/or junior book at their school and/or public library.
March 31, 2017
- Deadline for nominations for 2017-2018 consideration list.
- Deadline for librarians to submit votes for EACH title. Enter votes at nccba.blogspot.com or send to co-chair, Lisa England (email@example.com).
For the complete guidelines, go to the "About the NCCBA" page and open the NCCBA Guidelines document.
We are very pleased to announce the nominees for the 2016-2017 North Carolina Children's Book Awards. For activities and other resources, please go to the 2016-17 NCCBA Nominees and Activity Book page.